Historic Pottawatomie County Courthouse
Built in 1884 and placed on the national register in 2018. Only Courthouse of Italianate architecture in Kansas. Built by local stone masons out of native stone with no architect involved.
Citizens for Courthouse Conservation
106 Main Street
"On Saturday the Kansas Historic Sites review board voted unanimously in favor of its nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, an unprecedented move that responded to the groundswell of support from the citizens of the county and others who treasure our historic structures and places we hold in common."